I will help you...
- Train your staff.
- Grow your business and increase your market share.
- Establish and maintain a system of regulatory compliance.
- Decrease your administrative overhead and squash staff burnout.
- Provide innovative, integrated, personalized services...consistently.
I have been organizing people and work for decades. My intuitive business sense is spot on, and I gets to the root of agency issues quickly. I excel at assessing workflows, streamlining communication, defining outcomes, solving the right problems, and developing the easy-to-implement plans needed to reach your company's goals.
I have a bachelor's degree in Public Relations and a master's in Public Administration. I have served individuals with disabilities and other vulnerable populations in the areas of residential services, community employment, case management, housing, program management, investigations, services and supports, vocational rehabilitation, state policy development, compliance audits, and more!
I've been in the field a long time...
30+ years in fact!
In that time I have held nearly every position in the developmental disabilities field. (Yes...I have career ADD...) Because I have held so many diverse positions I truly understand the concerns, priorities, and challenges that are inherent in each position; and I understand how each positions works with the others.
I use this understanding to help you accomplish your goals efficiently, effectively, and seamlessly.
- Activity Therapist
- Community Employment Coordinator
- Case Manager
- Vocational Rehab Director
- ICF/IDD Director
- Director of Waiver Homes
- Metropolitan Housing Director
- Director of Service Coordination
- Medicaid Managed Care Contract Manager
- Section Chief of Clinical Services for Medically Fragile Waiver
- Developed Ohio's Private Duty Nursing Program
- State Department Lead Medicaid Policy Developer
- Fiscal Management Services Liasion
- IT Project Manager- Managed Care Medicaid Information Technology System
- Director of Waiver Provider Oversight
- Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities
- Missouri Division of Developmental Disabilities
- Maryland Division of Developmental Disabilities
- Nebraska Division of Developmental Disabilities
- University of Missouri Kansas City (UMKC)
- Norwich Consulting
- Ohio Provider Resource Association (OPRA)
- United HealthCare
- Optum Behavioral Health
- Apex Benefits
- Pennsylvania Advocacy and Resources (PAR)
- InterHab - Kansas Provider Association
- Arkansas Developmental Disabilities Provider Association (DDPA)
- Wide Variety of Residential and Day Services Providers
- So greatly exceeded client contract management expectations that contract extensions were provided without requiring rebid, and contract valuation was increased by $4 million.
- Build operational structure of statewide provider oversight project and executed implementation in less than 30 days.
- Conducted operational assessment to determine manpower requirements to support 85% increase in workload, and recruited, hired, and trained new employees.
- Created and implmented State Plan Private Duty Nursing Program in just 90 days.
- Managed an international organization's largest operations contract and the only operations contract to remain in the black from day 1.
- Oversight of case management, quality assurance, due process, technical assistance, and utilization of statewide program serving over 10,000 individuals.
- Rescued 2 facilties and one county board from revocation due to non-compliance.
- Helped a provider agency grow from zero to $1.5 milion in revenues in 8 months.
- Cut the estimated time to complete incidents investigations in half, and used the FTEs saved to create a quality assurance team.
- Brought grant administration in-house and used the dollars saved to implement a state of the art phone system.
- Drafted complete overhaul of 32 state administrative codes in less than 30 days.
- Maintained a 100% win record on appeals hearings.
- Trained hundreds and hundreds of staff.